Saturday, September 21, 2013

PR Superfan Make-Over

Happy Saturday folks!  I hope yours is turning out to be as delightful and relaxing as ours.  It's been a LOOOOONG week, with way too many 12hr + work days, so needless to say I was counting down to the weekend.

Last night we invited some folks from our Sunday school class over for dessert and just hang-out time.  It was totally low-key with the right combination of good company and relaxation.  I sat around with the gals chit chatting while the men played cornhole and talked about whatever guys talk about, and before we knew it, it was 11 o'clock!  Our day didn't even get started till 11 this morning...and then I spent the next two hours reading my book while Corey played video games.  It was glorious!  But enough of reveling in this downtime, let's talk about some Project Runway shall we?

This week's challenge was exciting and new (at least I don't recall them doing this ever before) it was the Project Runway Superfan Make-Over challenge!  The designers were teamed up with one Project Runway superfan who had been selected for a make-over and the designers were to create custom looks for their metamorphosis.  So cool!  AND crazy story...my aunt texted me last night to tell me that the gal who was paired up with Ken was her friend from high school.  So it's almost like I'm connected to Project Runway now!  JK...but really, how cool?!

 

Now this gal all would agree was in no way in need of a physical make-over.  She was already adorable!  But, she wanted to be taken from the quiet soft-spoken mother to a New York powerhouse woman. If only these photos showed the shoulder details on the vest, this was a sassy and powerful look!

 

This girl had the biggest transformation by far, and she looks gorgeous!  However, I wasn't a fan of the hem in the back of the dress.  I would have much preferred to see the length come to the floor and perhaps even a little bit of a sleek train.  I think where it stops at her ankles looks weird.  Everything else I love though!

 

 

Justin did a phenomenal job with his super fan!  I'm so glad he's still in this!  He has such a soft spoken but unique voice!  His sweet gal had undergone an incredible weight loss journey and had lost over 100 lbs!  She was also mormon and so wanted to keep things conservative.  He created a custom undergarment for her b/c her weight loss has left her with extra skin around the tummy, and then designed this adorable LBD to show of her fantastic new figure!  The best feature about the dress though is that he embroidered her signature into the design giving her a one-of-a-kind look that says she's a STAR!

 

Kate gave this momma exactly what she wanted.  She asked to be turned into a hot momma and Kate delivered!

 

And here's the adorable Sue (my aunt's friend from HS) who got paired up with Ken. (Unfortunately).  And the judges put it very well when they told her, "Honey, you're better than the dress."  Now, Sue actually chose the color, and while it compliments her hair...it really didn't do anything for her, and then the way Ken put the leather in just accentuates all the things she wants to hide, and I don't know what's going on with that zipper in the back!  Sue, you're gorgeous with an infectious personality, but this dress did not live up to your super status.


I can't WAIT for next week's episode.  Always one of my favorites, it's the textile design challenge!  Until then it's on with the weekend for me, and we have a Nationals game to get ready for!  I love me some Washington Nationals, and Jayson Werth!  GO NATS!!!


(Money!)


No comments:

Post a Comment