Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Confessions of a Sweet n' Chic Style Chick

I realize the style posts have faded out once again.  I wondered how good I would be at keeping up with that once work got into full swing again.  You see here's the thing...I could probably be better at it if I wanted to, you know, do like all other fashion bloggers do and just pick all my outfits out on Sunday and take all the pictures then so I can get all my posts up.  But you know what...that's just not how I roll with my sweet n' chic style.  

You see, I spend all my time planning things.  Planning lessons, schedules, assessments, assignments, projects, and planning how the heck I'm going to get it all done and then how the heck I'm going to get it all graded.  Plan, plan, plan.  Think ahead...blah, blah, blah. I'm actually not a real planner by nature...I never was, and I have to try really, REALLY hard to be a planner for my job.  (In my now 4th year, I'd say I've made GREAT strides.) But when it comes to style, that's an area of my life where I can be more organic.

I came across this gem the other day on Pinterest. 

That pretty much sums up how I pick out my clothes.  I wake up in the morning, evaluate what I feel like and go with something that reflects that.  Yes, I have to consider the day's events, and of course weather, but I pick my outfits in the moment once I get moving and figure out who I want to be and how I want to present myself to others for the day.  The only time I plan outfits is when there's a trip or some sort of major event. That my dears is why I have no desire to become a Sunday outfit planner.  And that is why I don't always get pictures of outfits, and days will go by without a post.  

What about you?  Are you a Sunday planner or do you let the day take you in a style direction?

No comments:

Post a Comment