Sunday, September 15, 2013

Anchors Away

What a glorious weekend VA folks!  The weather has been beautiful and the temperatures hinting at the arrival of Autumn.  Not too hot, not too cold, but just right!  We've had a great weekend here at the Pink Elephant Lounge (this is what we call our house sometimes).  Yesterday morning we started with a late morning breakfast on our back porch me with a book in hand.
(Just started this book, and yes I've already heard everyone RAVING about it.  Enjoying it so far!)

During breakfast a great girlfriend of mine hit me up for a girl's night out at the movies and Corey agreed to let me go for the evening.  After a very stressful drive home (curse you I-95 construction) I came home to my hubby laying on this:
Our new lounge chair!  I've wanted one all summer and of course they are cheap, Cheap, CHEAP now due to the seasons changing!

And this was ablaze in front of him:
Our new chimenea!  (These two pictures were taken the morning after of course).
We spent the rest of the night under the stars cozied up next to the fire. Perfection.

While gazing at the fire we both agreed to take it easy Sunday morning and only go to Sunday School class at 11:00 and play hookie for the 9:00 am worship service.  We just needed some extra rest.  Here's what I wore!

I have been WAITING to pull this sweater out since I bought it this summer!

Sweater: J Crew Factory (similar, similar)
Pants: J Crew Factory (similar)
Shoes: Old Navy (similar)
Glasses: Target
Necklace and Earrings: Family Gift

PS: Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about our Project Runway update!  It's coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love that he surprised you with a present for (himself) you. No seriously I like everything in this post.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sweater! So smart to buy a lounge chair this time of year!

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete