Friday, August 2, 2013

Project Runway Anyone?

Project Runway last night anyone? ... Anyone?!  OK, this is one of the FEW TV shows on that I actually care about catching at it's regular scheduled times.  My hubs and I don't have DVR (trying to save a few $$...you know...) so I've gotta catch it.

Last night was the third episode of the season and it was another unique materials challenge.  The spirit of the challenge itself was fun, but of course they HAVE to amp up the drama by making it a team challenge.  UGH...GAG ME!  I hate it when all the cat claws come out and everyone's crying and acting like big babies.  I mean come on..just show me the clothes! Am I alone in my loathing for all the fake and staged drama?

I can't find pictures I can get copies of so you'll have to follow the links to the Official Project Runway site!

So from last night's episode Kate and Helen's look was my absolute favorite! I love everything about this look!  It's fresh, it's unique; I love the color, and the shape.  I adore how fun and sophisticated it is and how ingenious they were in using the sombreros as they're material and let that dictate the shape of the dress.  BRILLIANT! Anybody else in love with this look as much as I am?

Shocker for me was how they all RAVED about Alexandria and Dom's look!  Just too "Juniors," if you ask me.  I get the playfulness of it...but she definitely looks ready for the Comicon convention or something.  You can get that at Hot Topic...it's not new.  Am I crazy here?

Another surprise was how they overlooked Jeremy and Ken's savvy and chic look!  They too used sombrero to form a corset style top, which I loved.  The pants...yeah, they look a little spacey, but my eye is drawn to how that blue just POPS!  And hey...they were working with inflatable creatures for materials on that one!  I thought their look was sexy and brilliant.  Well done you two!

To check out all the runway looks from last night's episode head to MyLifeTime.com to watch the full episode and see all the designer's looks.  Also find out who won and who went home (because I'm not a spoiler)!

I definitely have my fav for the season picked out already, and think this person will go all the way to the top.  Who are your fav. designers and what are the looks you're raving about?

Sorry for no pictures, but just had to share my PR Passion with you!

Love,
Mrs. SweetTea


No comments:

Post a Comment