Monday, August 19, 2013

C'est la vi Girl-cation 2013!

If you've been reading, you know last week I was on Girl-cation.  A week long get-away to New Jersey with one of my best girlfriends, and college roommate, who to this day...I still endearingly refer to her as "Roomie," even though we are in fact not roomies anymore...For the two of us...it was once a roomie always a roomie, and the term references a bond even deeper than sisterhood.  My own sister and I never actually shared a room growing up...but this gal and I shared a dorm building freshman year, a dorm room sophomore year, and a townhouse junior-senior years of college.  She was a Maid of Honor at my wedding and she has ALWAYS been there for me.  We spent the week working on a simple crafting project for her brother's upcoming wedding (this weekend!), shopping (OF COURSE), lounging on the shore, and reliving our Tween Glory (Awkward) Years at the Backstreet Boys concert in Holmdel, NJ. I will share several of our Girl-Cation adventures throughout the week, but now, for your viewing pleasure...and because I can't resist reliving this right now, I give you The Backstreet Boys!



Fortunately my sweet husband survived the week without me, and in fact was quite the  busy bee. I came home to several great surprises that I'll share with you throughout the week. It feels great to be home though, I missed my man and my bed. 

Surprise #1: Lunch for me when he picked me up from the train (I devoured this before taking a picture...sorry.)

Surprise #2: Corey washed my car and then FINALLY put this decal on that my sister gave me years ago...and I've always been too lazy to put it on! Way to go babe!

On a less positive note...it's the last week of my summer vacation :(.  I'm excited about meeting new students and having something purposeful to do again, but I am not looking forward to getting up at 5:30, commuting for 40-45 minutes in the morning, and then sitting in traffic for at least an hour on the way home. BOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment