Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sweet n' Chic Master Suite

Well...I might not call it a "suite," necessarily, but it is our master bedroom and it's FINALLY starting to look like we live there and are settling in!  Clothing storage has been interesting...as the closet is actually pretty small.  A MAJOR downfall on this house.  During the move in process my dresser was in the bedroom and all my clothes were in the closet, meanwhile Corey's clothes were all out in his dressers in the garage...yup, he was getting his clothes from the garage everyday for a couple weeks.  We had planned on a getting a nice wardrobe from IKEA so he could hang his clothes up in the bedroom and use the drawers in the dresser for his other clothes, and get rid of his other two dressers...well...that didn't pan out because all the wardrobes are just too darn big for our small master bedroom...SO...we moved his two dressers in and kicked my big one out to the guest room...so WAIT...then I was having to get dressed in the guest room.  UGH = NOT OKAY!  This weekend we FINALLY found a way to arrange the furniture and move my dresser back into the master where it belongs, and therefore I was finally able to unbox all my jewelry organizers knowing that I wouldn't have to move my dresser again.

I LOVE my jewelry displays on my dresser!  I feel like that space looks like something straight out of a Francesca's store or something.  It makes me excited to get dress and accessorize!
Notice my pink elephant children's coat rack on the left?  Scored that in a Pennsylvania antique store from $12, and I LOVE using it to display my bauble necklaces and keep them from getting tangled. I also have vintage aprons I usually hang on it...but those are still in a box somewhere.
Corey painted that shoe painting for me and gave it to me for our first Christmas.  It's a perfect fit for that corner! I use a Japanese obi as a table runner for the top of the dresser, a little decorating trick Mom and I picked up from our days in Japan. The silk cherry blossoms from Michaels held by a mason jar add another girly touch
Got this lady this past Christmas from Corey's fam!  I had wanted a vintage dress form for a long time and they found one for me.  I love dressing her up in my pretty necklaces and pins.
 

This birdcage jewelry organizer was a TJMaxx find and I LOVE it! I used empty skinny wine bottles to organize all my bracelets-they are the perfect size for bracelets.  Fun Fact: The wine bottles held my favorite wine from the winery where Corey used to work.

Let's not forget Corey's Space!
OK, so the key bowl needs to go somewhere else, but he's got his dresser topped with vintage goodies. And the rocketeer and wife for good measure.
Above his dresser is his fun vintage hat display.
And yes, he does wear these on various occasions.

So that's a corner of our sweet n' chic master "suite".  Perhaps I'll do another episode of Sweet n' Chic Cribs in another post. What's your suite styled like?



No comments:

Post a Comment