Friday, July 26, 2013

Lime-Coconut-Banana Bread and Style

Yesterday was my first trip back to Alexandria in a while and it was a perfectly gorgeous day for it! Errands including getting copies of our marriage license and a HH with some of my awesome coworkers drew me back up to this sweet busy little city that I love.  I tried to squeeze in a hair appointment too, but my gal doesn't work on Thursdays :(....so on the up side, I get to go back today!  Stay tuned for the new do!
Top: Francesca's (similar)
Tank: J Crew 
Belt: I've had forever 
Shorts: LOFT (no longer available) (similar)
Purse (similar), Sunglasses, and Sandals (similar): Target
Bracelets: Body Central (no longer available)
Necklace: Francesca's (no longer available)

                      
OK, I'm going to confess this outfit seemed a lot better in my head than it turned out.  I'm in love with the shorts from LOFT, but the top just wasn't working for me.  I thought it would be cool to underlay it with a coral tank since the top is sheer, and it would play up the light pink polka dots in the shorts, but you can't really see the coral tank OR the pink dots in the shorts.  At least not in these pictures.  (we're not quite pros over here...)  I liked how light and airy it was, perfect for walking around in the sunshine.  Have you ever had a style day you would do differently?

On the up side, I did make this coconut-lime banana bread deliciousness for breakfast, and it was a great success! Recipe HERE!
Corey liked it but he's still a banana bread snob and would rather have regular banana bread. I thought it was a fun twist, and it includes just a few tablespoons of rum! (Can you tell I'm still stuck in the Bahamas at heart?)

I can't wait for my hair appointment today and some more time to shop in Old Town.


2 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! Have you tried Koloa Rum? My uncle built and runs the only distillery in Hawaii - on Kuaui...not distributed in VA yet, but can be purchased in DC! Can't wait see your new cut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't tried that, but will certainly have to snag myself some soon! We're still enjoying our Rum purchases from the Bahamas!

      Oh, and I cannot WAIT to get my hair cut! I've been growing it out for over a year now, it's time!

      Delete