Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pink Elephants on Parade at my Rehearsal Dinner!

Let's start at the very beginning...of the wedding weekend.

Rehearsal and Rehearsal Dinner:




I couldn't have asked for a more perfect or beautiful weekend!  Clockwise from Top Left: Me with my Mom, Me with my Meme (Mom's mom), and Me with my bridal party Meaghan (best friend since college) and Kellan (sis).

Dress (on me): Elizabeth McKay Scotland Dress in Pink Elephant (also visit them on Facebook).  There's a story here that is too good not to share.  I came across this dress in one of my favorite boutiques in Old Town Alexandria called The Lucky Knot (Facebook) last summer on a shopping date with my gal Bonnie (featured in earlier posts).  I fell in love immediately but couldn't justify paying almost $300 for a dress that I had no idea where I would wear it so I passed on it.  Of course about 4 months later Corey proposed and a few months after that I couldn't get that dress out of my head as the perfect rehearsal dinner dress.  And of course at this point the dress is long gone and is now "last season," so no longer available in stores.  I asked the store saleswoman if they had any in the back and she said they didn't but suggested I contact the designer's customer service so I went home that night and looked up the info online.  It was about 10:00 PM and I dropped an e-mail to the customer service folks telling them my story and how much I would love to wear the dress for my rehearsal dinner if they had anymore.  Shockingly, about 30 min later I had a response asking what size I needed!  The next morning I was linked up with a woman to give her my shipping address and I had my dream rehearsal dinner dress within about a week! HUGE shout out to Teddy and Jen from Elizabeth McKay's customer service, they are AMAZING! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS DRESS!!!

C and I singing for the family at rehearsal dinner.  (I was holding the phone incase I forgot the words...typical).

We added some personal touches that made for some great fun at our rehearsal dinner and reception the next day.


C made these custom cornhole boards with his dad, and I helped (only a little bit).  Are you sensing a theme?

Dinner was catered by The Alamo, C's favorite BBQ place in Richmond, and all the desserts were hand made by C's Mom and Grandmother!  It was good down-home fun for all!

I LOVE HIM!

Stay tuned for the next post.  Wedding day!!!


1 comment:

  1. Love your dress...it was the perfect dress and meant to be! So glad we spotted it last summer! You all had the best wedding ever :)

    ReplyDelete