Saturday, March 8, 2014

Sweet Saturday

Today, Spring poked it's head through Winter's curtain.  It's been a very long, cold winter, but today's temps were in the low 60s and the sun was shining, giving us just a glimpse at the Spring that's just around the corner.

I wore a dress for the first time in a LONG time and I was absolutely in heaven.  Unfortunately, no pics of the outfit since hubs ditched me for the day.  I was OK on my own though.  The day started with some Zumba, followed by a hot shower, and then a trip to the store to pick up some things for dinner and a few more ingredients to try my hand at making macaroons.

I think macaroons are the most colorful girly-looking dessert ever!  Admittedly, I have yet to taste my first true French macaroon, but it's on the bucket list. I did attempt to make them for the first time ever today under the tutelage of good ol' Martha Stewart.
 Everyone warned me that making macaroons was hard, but I still wanted to try.
I tried to make raspberry ones, with some gel food coloring, and a little bit of raspberry extract.  I love how the color matches my mixer!

Fold in the almond flour and confectioner's sugar!

Pipe them into dainty rounds on wax paper and then pop in the oven!

While I overcooked the first batch I placed in the oven, it was totally my fault b/c I forgot to set the timer.
Burnt and too big…they burnt to the wax paper...

The second batch though…I succeeded!

 
 Stuffed with Nutella!

Not bad for my first try!
Hubby approves!
Look Martha, I did it!

I can't wait to try these again now that I've had practice.  I have so many ideas for flavors and colors.  

Any orders or requests?  Haha!  

I topped the day off with wine, steak, and SweetFrog; I hope you've had a sweet Saturday too!


No comments:

Post a Comment