Sunday, March 23, 2014

Celebrating Creative Dates

Yesterday was gorgeous folks, and there was so much to celebrate! Corey and I spent most of the day outside to enjoy as much of the Spring-like conditions as we could.  Recently, we've both been sharing with each other how we miss the creative part of ourselves.  We both grew up throwing ourselves into creative endeavors…music, art, drama, crafts…whatever.  Being an adult however, with a grown-up job, and pressures, and bills, and life…tends to drown out our creative thinking and rob us of inspiration and time to create.  But creating is something we both desperately miss, so I came up with a little date idea to get us back into the creative swing.  Inspired by my childhood trips to "Camp Dave and Rita" (Uncle and Aunt) where Rita used to take me to botanical gardens and other neat places armed with a sketchbook and art tools, and we'd just find a spot we liked and draw what inspired us, Corey and I took a trip to the park for a little creative inspiration.

Now, I am not an artist (like a drawing/painting artist) so this is all you get with me…

Corey on the other hand…puts me to shame…

If you're looking for a good free date idea, I recommend an art date like ours.  We'll definitely do more like this for sure.  Find a park, garden, cool coffee shop, and write or draw as you feel inspired.

We spent the evening with great friends, and while the boys jammed their hearts out in the basement, the girls did a little shopping…
HAD to have the pink elephant socks from J Crew Factory.  My awesome friend had these earrings and said she wouldn't wear them so she gave them to me!!



No comments:

Post a Comment