Sunday, June 17, 2012

Cowgirl Chic

What do you get when you mix:
THIS:                                                                                                   WITH THIS?:
 













MY NEW HAIRCUT!
+ Cute outfit = New Fashion Post! = BONUS!

This weekend was one of much celebration.  Friday was my last day with students for the year, and C learned that he has been accepted into an apprenticeship program he applied to.  To celebrate, we attended the Beer, Bourbon, and BBQ Festival at National Harbor.  It was a total blast, with tons of good eats and drinks.  Here's what I decided to rock to the event.  Ever since I pulled out that chambray shirt for this post, I've been waiting for a chance to pair it with other pieces.  This festival provided the perfect opportunity to whip it out for a cowgirl chic look.  This dress is a favorite of mine from one of my favorite boutiques in Old Town, Alexandria called the 3 Sisters Boutique.  I love the A-line cut, and all the ruffle details around the skirt and the color is amazing as well!  I got so many compliments on this dress at the festival.  Don't you just love it when you're out and women come up to you left and right to tell you how much they love your outfit and ask where you shop?!  The shirt was a great touch I think, it was a lighter version of doing a denim jacket; comfortable and easy!  Plus...it had the added effect of making the dress look like it was a skirt and top outfit, so when people asked about the skirt and I told them it was a dress the "oohs" and "aaahs" continued.  

The only thing I would change about this for next time would be the shoes.  As darling as my brown leather heels were...they were a horrible choice for all the walking at the festival.  I would go with a brown sandal next time (currently don't have...they're on my shopping list).  I almost wore cow boots but decided it was too hot for those.  Any other shoe thoughts for this ensemble?


Shirt: LOFT (no longer available), Ann Taylor Similar, J Crew Factory Similar
Dress: Ryu Brand purchased 3 Sister's Boutique, was also available on ModCloth - no longer available
Bracelet: Birthday gift from a friend
Watch: Citizen; high school graduation gift
Purse: Target Similar
Shoes: INC (purchased from a consignment store); similar
Sunglasses: 3 Sister's Boutique, Charming Charlie Similar
Necklace: Bought from an artist at an antique store ($10)
Nail Polish: Tart Deco by Essie ($8), purchased at Target (I think this might be my favorite color of the season!)


2 comments:

  1. Okay...after reviewing your previous posts, you must help with me a white cotton anthro dress that reminds me of this yellow one ~ need styling direction, check check!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! Happy to help whenever you need! So glad we got the comment glitch fixed too!

    ReplyDelete