Monday, June 11, 2012

A Beautiful Love Affair

OK, so I am in LOVE!  I never thought it would happen for me, but alas my time has arrived.

Have I got a love story for you!

I have been waiting for a line of beauty products to knock my socks off.  I've always kind of hopped around using various cleansers, lotions, potions etc.  Things that essentially "worked-ish" I mean, they'd get my face clean, or leave my skin feeling moist temporarily, but no product has ever truly blown me away in terms of how my skin feels after using it.  That all changed about a week ago. 

(Yes, I know this is a fashion blog, but what's fashion without beauty?) 

I made a trip to the mall last week to return a pair of sandals I bought (they were SUPER CUTE, but when I got them home I realized the stones on the straps were falling off and whatever had held them in place was broken). {This was fate, I later realized}.  Now typically when I visit this mall I park on the third floor where all my favorite stores are, however on this fateful day, since I was only going to be running in for a moment, I parked in a parking lot across the street that allowed patrons one hour free of parking (no sense in paying for the mall garage if I'm just running in and out).  {This too was fate}. Due to where I parked, I had to enter and exit the mall through the lower level/food court area.  As I was exiting I noticed a unique store near the food court that I had never seen before.  The store, LUSH, was neatly organized with beautiful displays of handmade soaps, perfumes, and beauty products.  The products on display all had intriguing names and the store had an overall urban/hipster vibe.  I think it was the colorful soaps and bath bombs that drew me in, but needless to say I was enticed to come in and have a closer look. {FATE} As I made my way around the shop I was greeted by a young man who offered to help me and show me any products I was interested in. I asked him how long the store had been in the mall and he said they had been there since around Christmas time...WHAT?  How did I miss that?  Anyway, he proceeded to show me various soaps, asked what kind of scents I liked or products I was interested in, and helped me sample a number of products.  I learned that LUSH is a company passionate about great products, and the environment.  All LUSH products are hand made from all natural ingredients, and they are strictly against testing their products on animals.  LUSH also supports a number of charitable causes with the proceeds from some of their sales such as their "Charity Pot". After his help I was sold on a "Buffy" and a "Sex-bomb" bath bomb.  The rest of the staff were incredibly energetic and helpful, and I left with two products I was totally excited about and a catalog of ALL their current products.



When I got home, I was eager to try my new buffy, so I jumped in the shower.  The Buffy, made with cocoa and shea butters, and filled with ground rice and almond exfoliates while leaving your skin feeling incredibly smooth and moisturized.  The sales associate recommended using it after shaving and then there would be no need for lotion after getting out of the shower.  I quickly shaved my legs and sloughed the Buffy all over.  After patting dry at the end of my shower, I couldn't believe the results.  My skin had NEVER been so smooth in my life!  It was a whole new experience!  I didn't even know my skin could feel like that.  This little dream bar had me hooked.
Buffy- $11.95-$22.95


This past weekend I used the bath bomb.  Now I know, the name sounds...interesting...but seriously, it was pink and purple, it had a rose in the middle of it and it smelled DIVINE!  I couldn't resist!  I dropped it in the bath, and there was an explosion of pink in my tub.  Yes, every girl's dream, a pink bubble bath!  Yes ladies, it will literally turn your bath water HOT PINK!  The scent is divine and the essential oils made my skin feel so soft after my soak.  I would definitely invest in another sometime.
Sex Bomb - $6.45
After these first delightful experiences, I perused through the catalog and immediately circled all the products I wanted to try on my next visit.  I was extremely interested in their skin care products (cleansers, face masks, moisturizers).

Today I had the chance to pop in again, and again was greeted and served by the most helpful sales associate.  This gal was incredibly knowledgeable about every product, and what showed even more was her genuine passion for their products.  She kindly provided demonstrations of the products I was interested in by applying products to my hands, and telling me about how she uses the products in her own beauty regimen and what she loves about each product, and no, she was not just trying to get the sale.  About an hour later I emerged with about $120 worth of product, and free soap samples.  Here's what I bought.

Angels on Bare Skin (lavender facial scrub) - $10.95- $26.95
Eau Roma Water (toner) - $8.95-$19.95
Gorgeous (moisturizer) - $89.95 (yes, this was a major splurge, but SO worth it)
Brazened Honey (fresh face mask) - $6.95 (this is made with fresh ingredients and must be refrigerated, thus it is not available online)

My free soap samples were:
Honey I Washed the Kids - $7.95 (I LOVE the way this one smells)
Demon in the Dark - $7.95 (this one I thought C would love and so the sales associate was like, well then I'm giving you a sample for your boyfriend to try! It's a minty/clove-y, every man should smell like this scent)

Did I mention their eco-friendly practices?  Besides not testing their products on animals, using vegetarian friendly ingredients, and sponsoring a variety of grassroots charities...Bring back any 5 empty black pots (what most of their cream products come in) to the store, they will recycle/reuse them, and YOU get a FREE fresh face mask!

Folks, each and every single one of these products was worth every penny.  They're all natural, hand made, they delight the senses, and best of all--they REALLY WORK!  With such a friendly, knowledgeable, and passionate staff, eco friendly products and practices, and products that blow every other brand on the market out of the water, LUSH has stolen my heart.

LUSH my love, I shall someday return and purchase the following:
Charity Pot - $21.95
T for Toes - $9.95 (foot powder...yeah...I need it...)
...And so many more!...

I'm no expert, and I don't work for LUSH, but I do know what I like, and I'm telling you, these products will not disappoint!  Curious to know more?  Check out their website or find your nearest LUSH store and ask any sales associate to sample some products for you, give you a facial or product demonstration. They will be more than happy to share the products they love with you and I know they will make a believer out of you.  Has anyone else used LUSH products?  Do you have a favorite?

~SweetTea




2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm obsessed with Lush! I use their Coal Face soap. It's black and it smells like tar, but I love it. :) It does a good job at taming my oily skin too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for reading! LUSH is an addiction for me. I just bought two of their emotional brilliance products. Have you tried those yet?

    ReplyDelete