Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Sweet n' Chic Christmas

Funny how snow days bring me back to the blogging world.  I've been so busy recently, I haven't even been reading all the blogs I normally follow much less writing my own.

Christmas is just around the corner friends and we have been busy prepping at The Veit House!  Every year we throw a tacky Christmas sweater party (I know, so opposite from all things sweet n' chic, but what a blast)!  Corey and I are so excited this year to be hosting in our own place and we have been scrambling, decking the halls.  Actually,  that's kind of a lie…we put our tree up before Thanksgiving, and got the lights up before Thanksgiving too.  I've been working on different crafts along the way.  Now in my defense, I usually follow the no Christmas until Thanksgiving rule, but we were going away for the whole T-giving break, and I knew Christmas was right on its heels, so Christmas needed to come early at our house.  I'm glad we worked ahead, because the weekend after Thanksgiving was occupied visiting his family again so that was another weekend gone, but praise God for extending my weekend with two lovely snow days!
Bringing home our very first Christmas tree! (We're nerds).

Our pretty tree up! The trimming has commenced.
Can you find the Jeep? (our new Christmas tradition).

With this extra time I was able to grocery shop for all this weekend's festivities, clean house/do laundry, AND finish up some Christmas decor projects I wanted done BEFORE the party.  I am so thrilled to share with you my latest sewing venture that I tried via Pinterest!

Sweet n' Chic friends, I present to you the Veit Family Christmas Tree Skirt!
Yup, even after all the burlap at my wedding, I'm still not sick of it!
I think at some point I want Corey to paint some text on it too in red or black.  I can't decide what though, our monogram…The Veits…I dunno.
GAH!  I LOVE IT!  Rustic chic Christmas goodness!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

What's on your To-Do List to accomplish before Santa comes (or guests)?  Speaking of lists, I think it's time to get to the next thing on mine…COOKIE DOUGH!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment