Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sick Days

I don't know about you folks, but I have been downright exhausted lately.  There's just a lot going on in my professional life right now, and I could just feel my body giving out. I was crying over stupid stuff, getting irritated way too easily and just tired all the time.  So I decided to take Friday off to give myself some rest so that I WOULDN'T get sick...and wouldn't you know I woke up Friday morning congested and feeling gross.

I've always said that getting sick is your body's natural way of slowing you down and telling you to ease up. I suppose my body picked an OK time to put on the brakes.

This weekend we've taken it easy at the Veit house, and it's been good.  Besides not being able to breathe through my nose.  We found a few sweet flea market and thrift store treasures yesterday that I can't wait to put to use.
Can't wait to give new life to this vintage bar stool.  Perfect for our kitchen!
Found this nifty tray at the thrift store for $2.
I bought all these darling linens from the flea market (can't wait to pull out the Christmas ones!) and the planters were $3 all together at the thrift store.
I was drawn to the unique picture frame looking planter.  I guess that's what it is...I think it will be neat with something growing up from that hole.  Now if only I could keep a plant alive...
This sweet table clothe reminded me of our wedding for some reason, just the lacey bunting I suppose, but I couldn't pass it up!
Christmas, I'm ready!


OH, and I completed my first sewing project in a LONG time, and finally used my sweet little sewing station Corey set up for me.

Tutorial for Easy Envelope Pillow Case here!

This morning we had good intentions of going to church, but when the alarm went off my body felt paralyzed and I still felt miserable; after a few snooze sessions we decided staying home and in my PJs was what I really needed.  When we finally arose I attempted some banana chocolate whole wheat waffles...they were OK...couldn't really taste the banana (or maybe my tastebuds are just off since I'm sick).  Anyway it's a hot tea and PJ day around here but I wanted to share some of our projects and treasure finds from the weekend.  Stay well my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment